Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Opportunity Onramps® at Workday is a movement dedicated to creating economic opportunity for all. We deeply believe that talent is everywhere, but opportunity is not, and through our programs and initiatives we aim to close the opportunity divide. We do this by providing training, internships, and job opportunities for nontraditional candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We recognize that people do not follow the same path in life or their career. Sometimes people need to take a break from a traditional job or career for family, personal, educational, or other reasons. At Workday, we embrace the pause, and the unique perspectives it can provide. Through our Opportunity Onramps programs, we support jobseekers as they relaunch their careers back into the workforce.
To be eligible for this role with Opportunity Onramps, candidates must have a
minimum of three years of prior work experience and a break from the traditional workforce for at least one and a half years. About the Team:
Workday Extend empowers our customers to expand the business capabilities of Workday by building on our existing technologies. Mission of the Core Platform Service team is to establish the foundation for Workday Extend providing best in class services such as Event Messaging Platform, Identity Management and Provision services. This team builds critical backend infrastructure services for Workday Extend including security components, inter-service control and communication components using open source and latest technologies.About the Role:
- Work in a multidisciplinary team delivering core and critical features for Workday Extend
- Develop back-end software in Scala/Java/Kotlin
- Independently implement features or prototypes, include providing documentation and detailed design
- Develop unit, functional, integration, and performance testing
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews
- Work on an Agile Scrum team that delivers on shared commitments
- Drive and support innovation
- Understand and promote industry best practice
- 3+ years overall experience developing software products required
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and design patterns
- Experience delivering back-end services in microservice or event-driven architectures
- Experience with version control technologies such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Some frontend experience, developing cross platform web applications
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excited and passionate to learn new technologies and skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in cloud native architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Envoy), database and AWS technologies is a plus.