$80K — $100K *
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. In this role, you will be bringing that vision to life by designing, developing and testing the embedded software that controls individual satellites.
In this role, you will participate in all phases of software development from requirements through implementation and test to operations. Our team tackles many critical satellite functions: power management, hardware interfaces, command & telemetry, and autonomous control.
· Develop embedded software in assembly, C, C++, or other languages in a real-time operating system environment
· Write software to interact with devices/electronics using I2C, SPI, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, etc. communications
· Write device drivers and system applications for flight code and flight management
· Work closely with hardware teams to support board bring-up and integration testing
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Hands-on experience with satellite avionics or other high-reliability systems
· Hands-on experience with embedded Linux operating systems
Valid through: 11/15/2020