$80K — $100K *
Software Development Engineers work with technical leaders to refine technical direction, and then follow through with analysis, designs, and superior code. They are equally comfortable leading small, focused project teams as well as making major direct contributions to the project. They deliver features with minimal direct oversight.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system concepts and demonstrate development skills in programming languages such as C, C++, Python, BASH scripting or Lua in a Linux environment. Experience with Linux package management, version control systems, automated build processes, and software unit testing are aspired for this role. An understanding or experience of/in contributing to open source projects is a plus. Specific in depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Linux operating system internals, including the kernel and hypervisor is desired for this role.
This team creates the very core of the cloud, and is directly responsible for radically changing and improving the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
· BA/BS in Computer Engineering or Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· At least 2 years of industry experience kernel hacking or firmware development or embedded software development.
· Knowledgeable in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
· Skilled in at least two of C, BASH, Python, or Lua.
· Experience in developing Linux modules, baremetal software, firmware, bootloaders, board bringups.
· MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
· Industry experience focused on Linux with extensive embedded, device emulation, virtualization, and/or kernel experience, storage drivers, low level networking software.
· Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
Valid through: 4/19/2021