Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Interested in enabling AWS expansion across the globe? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Team: As part of providing a powerful, flexible and secure foundation for managing AWS regions, we are building a new product to enable partners around the world to manage AWS regions. This team is redefining the way AWS designs, builds and operates regions. We deliver products by working backwards from unique customer requirements for broader applicability to AWS' global regions.
We are in search of an experienced Software Developer to develop critical products for our customers to enable AWS to expand its global footprint. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Join a team of passionate, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Locations: Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA location options are available.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen .
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related Engineering field, or 4+ years equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
• 1+ years of professional experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using such as Java, C#, or C++, and Object-Oriented Design.
• 1-2+ years experience developing prototypes for each phase of development, from startup through launch and beyond.
• Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in communicating with end users, technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, define software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer networking and information security
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• 2+ years of AWS experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
Valid through: 9/22/2021