GoDaddy’s Data center Software Engineering Team is seeking a passionate, results oriented software engineer to support company-wide datacenter automation and optimization goals. Successful candidates will be part of a global team responsible for the development of an integrated system of tools, services and reports to drive operational efficiency and planning. As a software engineer on this team, you will be developing across the full stack to ease datacenter operations and help the company make informed decisions on all aspects of datacenter management.
What you’ll get to do...
- Meet with partners, product owners, and datacenter leadership to define project requirements
- Design system interfaces to ingest data from multiple sources in the US and abroad
- Develop and maintain reports and visualizations capturing datacenter operational metrics in ServiceNow
- Develop tooling to streamline datacenter activities
- Compile data and user guides for easy deployment and adoption
- Proactively solicit end-user feedback and ensure all partner needs are met with each project
- Support datacenter operations, engineering, deployment and finance goals from a software perspective
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering or related field
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Significant knowledge in a Linux environment, including Bash scripting
- 1+ years of OOP experience
- Understanding of database design principles and ETL/ELT methodologies
- Some front-end experience, especially with data visualization frameworks like D3.js
- Deep understanding of writing clean, flexible and maintainable code
- Ability to work independently and to learn quickly
- Ability to identify roadblocks and find solutions to re