This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the departmental computing and functional systems capability for the Resource Operations & Trading Group, which is a mission critical 24/7 operation. The Resource Operations and Trading Group optimizes Tacoma Power's resource portfolio through efficient, reliable dispatch of generation resources to maximize wholesale energy sales revenue. The wholesale energy trading activities directly impact Tacoma Power's ability to maintain low and stable rates to our customers.
Develops new software tools, helps troubleshoot production issues, implements defect fixes, and adds new features. The individual within this role may also be called upon to assist in software project quality assurance, business analyst activities and/or other support tasks. As one of the developers on the team, responsible for the systems as used by the business users within Power Management. Helps troubleshoot production issues, implements defect fixes, and adds new features. Needs to be extremely customer focused. Relies on experience, industry best practices for support and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This role reports to the Power Management Systems Engineering Lead.
The Power Management Systems Engineering workgroup is a small team that develops custom software, integrates vendor solutions and supports the technical systems implemented for the power management operations at Tacoma Power. This is a busy workgroup that is often taking on specific technical industry challenges to solve the fast-paced problems emerging in the new energy markets.
- Design, Implement & Integrate both off-the-shelf and custom software solutions.
- Track down and resolve software issues
- Implement application enhancements, change requests
- Perform project related development tasks (Design, Coding, Testing, etc.)
- Implement Automated Unit Tests
- Coordinate with users from different departments and build customer relations
- Provide system support, track down and resolve issues for business users of Power Management Systems
- B.S / M.S. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent;
- 7+ years development experience within an enterprise environment;
- Proven Self-Starter that can dig into nebulous problems and strong customer focus;
- Strong Design Skills and familiar with SOLID Design Principles;
- Broad Understanding of Microsoft Technology Stack (WINS);
- Experience working with .NET using C# - Full Stack, .NET 4.0+;
- Experience in WCF Soap-Based services (Especially Contract-First Development);
- Service Oriented Architecture development experience (including SOAP UI);
- Experience with XML;
- Experience with SQL Server, Stored Procedures, T-SQL;
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, and ETL Processes for Data Scraping, Warehousing and Reporting;
- Experience working in a team-oriented enterprise software development group;
- Experience working in both a Waterfall & Agile software development environment;
- Familiar with industry standard tools for source control and issue tracking such as GIT and JIRA.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- NERC/WECC & CIP reliability standards and applicability to Tacoma Power's resource operations and trading functions;
- Experience working in Operational Environment with 24x7 uptime requirements;
- Desktop UI Development with WPF/XAML;
- Web Development with ASP.NET Webforms & MVC, Angular, Bootstrap;
- Familiarity with GO, Grafana, InfluxDB;
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Technologies (AWS/Azure) and Linux based systems;
- Experience with RESTful APIs & JSON;
- Experience with Automated Unit Testing;
- Experience with .NET CORE.