At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
• Software Development Engineer in Test Position is in Mobility Product Solutions: IT Digital Marketing Product Group to work on an Agile Product Team.
• A Software Development Engineer in Test is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products.
• This role is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools.
• It combines the building aspect of software design engineering with the breaking aspect of software test engineering all within a mindset for quality.
• You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies that if anything goes wrong, your code will tell us.
• For this position, you will provide support for developing build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process.
• You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to release innovative Digital Marketing Products for global markets.
• You must care about the customer experience and must ensure products meet the user acceptance criteria.
• You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative environment.
• Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Design and build automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles including unit, functional, integration and regression tests.
• Contribute in 3-Amigos conversations o Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product's testing strategy
• Participating in design and code inspections
• Debug and respond to customer facing issues in production
• Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation or where automation is not applicable
• Prepare and review test plans, scenarios, procedures and automations and results
• Contribute in the Company Software Quality and Test Automation Communities
• Application development and/or automated testing using Java
• Relation Database and Structure Query Language
• XML and webservices o ETL o Agile Delivery, its principles and ceremonies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly
• Creative, independent, self-motivated and excited to learn new technologies
• Ability and willingness to take up a variety of roles on an Agile Product Team
• Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills
• Experience working on a Scaled Agile Frameworks Delivery Team
• Experience working in Behavior Driven Development environment including Gherkin
• Understanding the integration between automated software test and the build process
• Familiarity with one or more software repository version control systems (ex. Git, Accrev)
• Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy
• Experience with Jenkins or any build automation deployment
• Experience with InfoSphere Information Server
• Equivalent work experience in the requested areas
• May be required to mentor others
• Ability to work in an agile whole team environment sharing ideas and working collaboratively
• Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with both written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary
• Ability to evaluate and implement new initiatives on process improvement and technology projects
• Must be available to attend 7:00 am meeting in Dearborn Office (as needed).
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.