About the role
We are looking for a strong technical contributor with a background in software development to create intelligent data driven systems and pipelines. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of the development cycle: design, implementation, testing, and release. You will leverage your deep knowledge and experience to provide technical leadership for the team, take ideas from zero to completion, and provide the bridge between raw data and actionable business insights. You will:
- Build and maintain highly-scalable ETL pipelines and data-driven systems
- Work closely with business stake holders, data analysts and machine learning engineers to productionalize analytic solutions
- Design and implement new data pipelines to support business analysts and data scientists
- Design and build infrastructure to support our petabyte scale data lake
About the team
We build the pipelines and processes responsible for daily ingestion of terabytes of data. We productionalize intelligent, data-driven systems to help Zillow capture strategic opportunities in the market. Our work enriches Zillow’s unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of customers and empowers teams downstream to build analytics tools and products to delight our users.
- Small team = big impact. Engineering teams are highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
- Fast-moving, developer driven organization full of brilliant and ambitious people.
Who you are
- Data engineer with experience with building and shipping highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and databasetechnologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
- Experience with the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Presto/Airflow)
- Proven track record of leading and delivering large projects independently
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A degree (BS/MS+) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Experience with Hive, Spark, Presto, Airflow and or Python a plus
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.