The AWS Tagris team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer with a passion for building highly reliable and low latency services for use by all AWS Services and AWS customers to manage their AWS resources using Tags. Come be a part of defining how large Enterprises will use and manage their AWS resources and accounts, deliver hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, and innovate in search space over terabytes of unstructured data.
Responsibilities include engaging program/product managers to identify new product opportunities, define & design product features, and lead the effort to build highly reliable and high performance foundational services that offer the best in operational excellence.
Successful applicants will have experience defining service architecture, strong development skill and extensive experience in software design, development, testing and operations. They will also be excellent in working across functional teams, and will meet a high technical bar. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and inspire others around you.
Come join our start-up culture, wear many hats, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent)
· 5+ years of software development experience in a related industry
· 2+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, or Perl (or equivalent)
· Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, software development, test and operation
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· BS or Master’s degree
· 7+ years of software development experience in a related industry
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.