Liveperson is an expert based culture, built on the drive and passion of smart people! Our business is growing and we are looking for people like you!
LivePerson is the global leader in conversational commerce solutions and we aim to make life easier by transforming how people communicate with brands. Our 18,000 customers, including leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI, at scale, and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Over the next three years, our goal is to transform the 268 billion analogue phone calls between a brand and it’s consumers to digital on the LiveEngage platform. By doing this, we enable consumers to get back time and experience a more connected relationship with the brand in which sales, service, marketing, branches, stores, and contact centre’s become a unified experience.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organisation.
As a key player in the Technical Support organization, the Software Development Engineer - API & SDK is responsible for:
- Handling the most complex technical integrations in customer support and act as a LivePerson subject matter expert for the field organization on our API and SDKs.
- This role will be key in furthering customer adoption by using the LivePerson SDKs and APIs to improve the use of our Open Platform technology.
- Improvements to our Developer community, internal and external documentation, and working directly with our customers’ code to assist in advanced use cases leveraging our SDKs and API.
- Working with customers on the latest LivePerson technologies - BOTs, Messaging and custom integrations
In this role you will:
- Manage resolution of complex issues to include: escalation, system testing, strategy sessions and distribution of knowledge throughout the company
- Write sample code, technical articles, and tutorials on some of the basic to intermediate level use cases using our SDKs and APIs
- Work closely with R&D and act as the bridge between the Professional Services/Support organization and R&D
- Support large enterprise customers as they develop customized uses for the LivePerson products and services
- Act as point of escalation for technical questions including internal and external department inquiries to facilitate the rapid deployment of customers applications
- Proactively test new feature releases, inclusive of complex areas of API and connectors to provide feedback for product improvement
- Perform complex troubleshooting and development assistance to the LivePerson Developer Community to support the growth of self-help
You should be an expert in:
- 3+ years of experience in senior technical customer support, with one year as a developer or 2+ years as a Software Engineer
- Strong passion for developing APIs
- Working directly with customers debugging code
- Strong web-based applications development
- Experience in working in a Linux environment
- Basic HTML experience
- Knowledge of web services, SDKs, REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience in web application development - Advantage
- Background in technical training and content creation - Advantage
- Bachelor's degree required, with a higher degree in a relevant field preferred or equivalent work experience
We care about you.
LivePerson works hard to create a positive employee experience. Your life outside of the office is important to us. We support our teams with great benefits, like pension plans, paid parental leave, and a competitive 28 days of paid time-off that enables our family to take the time they need to recharge.