Amazon.com stores and sells millions of unique items through its Fulfillment Centers (FCs). These items are shipped from tens of thousands of vendors into the many FCs in the Amazon network.
We need different quantities of each of these items, we need to pick them up from the vendors at different times, and bring it into the FCs at specific times depending on the priority of the items. Items also are moved between FCs to balance inventory. Each batch of items has different dimensions, volume and weight and hence is associated with different restrictions and shipping costs.
What we end up with is a gigantic graph, with the nodes being vendors, carrier hubs, Amazon.com FCs and end customers. The arcs in this graph represent the time of transportation and cost of transportation. Each node has a specific capacity, and so does each arc, and there are time constraints on when a product needs to ship out of a node and when it needs to come into a different node.
And we need to do all of this while incurring the least cost. As an SDE working in the Amazon Logistics team, you will be responsible for creative input into these algorithms, and developing them in an Object Oriented and scalable way. You will be dealing with high transaction websites and web services supporting thousands of transactions per second.
We are not tied to one technology – instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on creative algorithms, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.
· 5+ years of software development experience.
· 5+ years development experience using JAVA, C# and/or C++
· Master's degree and relevant work experience.
· 5 or more years of relevant software development experience in the optimization / transportation domain.
· Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Job ID: 662261