Amazon Connectivity Solutions Group (CSG) is part of Lab126, an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a talented, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of product managers, development managers and software engineers. We are leveraging our wide range of expertise in AWS, wireless networking and device and application software to create an innovative, new consumer service.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will have significant impact on the success of our new service. Your skills across the full software development life cycle will allow us to delight our customers and grow our service to Amazon scale.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define and prioritize the correct service capabilities
- Develop scalable, secure, end-to-end system designs using AWS managed services
- Lead multi-team implementations that span cloud and device execution environments
- Drive operational excellence by feeding learnings from service monitoring and customer usage into team and program backlogs
- Raise the bar for software development craft by bringing cutting edge tools and techniques to the team
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 3+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Golang, Python, C++ or Java
- 1+ years of experience providing technical leadership for large architecture projects
- Experience with every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, monitoring, deprecation
- Experience applying CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design, and code quality verification.
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 2+ years leading design of complex backend cloud services
- Experience building and running complex, scalable backend cloud services
- Extensive development experience with AWS (or equivalent) services such as API Gateway, Lambda, S3, ECS/ECR, IoT, CloudFront and DynamoDB
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) Domain Expertise – Streaming video (H264/H265, DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming)
- Experience with device application SDLC
- Experience building and running services that span device and cloud execution environments
- Outstanding CS fundamentals
- Working understanding of wireless and wired networking protocols and concepts
- You thrive in loosely structured environments
- You view ambiguity as an opportunity to innovate