AWS IoT team builds device software and web services software that makes it easy for customers to quickly and easily build intelligent edge devices, and remotely manage and operate software on their devices in the field.
We are looking for a creative and passionate engineer to own, build, and grow AWS IoT Greengrass web services offering. As a Software Development Engineer, you design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible. You will own the software development process end to end and be responsible for design, implementation, testing and operations.
• Build highly scalable, customer-centric, and efficient applications.
• You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
• Take ownership of ambiguous and complex problems and deliver solutions for them
• Drive new ideas, experiment with them, and see them through adoption.
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Strong results Orientation
• Thinks big
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded leader and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience building and operating a large scale distributed system
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge on AWS or similar cloud technologies.
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience leading software development teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 1/27/2022