$80K — $100K *
Would you love to work in a highly creative space, diving into big operational problems? Are you interested in technical challenges at scale, involving a high degree of creative freedom?
ACES (Amazon Customer Excellency System) is seeking a highly talented and motivated Software Development Engineer to join the Quantitative Business Intelligence Tools (QuBIT) team. In this role, you will be responsible for the modification, development, debugging, and support of business critical tools and applications used across Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF), with visibility spanning from Fulfillment Center teams to corporate leadership. This GCF network includes hundreds of warehouses charged with completing and shipping hundreds of millions of packages to customers each year! Every package we ship out is an opportunity for improvement, translating to better prices and service to our customers.
You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to design and implement solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the existing platforms. This team has a broad scope including all of GCF, allowing creative freedom to explore broad business problems and areas of opportunity needing scalable and fast moving solutions. Application breadth can range from creating a new solution to an old problem, or diving into a space to create new value for our operators in Fulfillment Centers. You should also be enthusiastic about building deep domain knowledge about Amazon's business and the fulfillment space. You will work as a liaison between business and technical stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to information systems to optimally support changing business processes and policies.
Beyond representing the technology issues and needs of the supported group or department to both the engineering and business management teams, you will also have technical skills to deliver effective software solutions to business problems. You will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment life-cycle, including design, development, documentation, testing, validation, and release. You must possess effective verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. Get ready to work closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar)
• Experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language (Ruby, Python, Java, etc)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Kibana, Elasticsearch or similar technology
• Experience with AWS technologies (DynamoDB, RDS, S3, RedShift, SQS, etc)
• Demonstrated ability with Java and/or Ruby Development
• Familiarity with the Amazon internal development environment.
• General understanding of UNIX-based operating systems
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
Valid through: 9/30/2020
$80K — $100K
10 days ago