Job ID: 807847 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Preserving Trust in Amazon with every customer, every transaction, every second is our mission. We do this by identifying and removing bad actors from the platform, while supporting a best-in-class customer experience. Amazon has hundreds of millions of customers, sellers, and developers all over the world that rely on Amazon products and services. Our success comes from preventing bad actors from abusing these products and undermining the trust customers have in them. We are handling massive scale. Amazon is one of a kind in the number of customers served, transactions processed, and products handled.
As a Software Engineer on the Suspicious Activity Monitoring team, you will design and build software to detect and to respond to sellers who may be engaged in illegal activity such as money laundering. You'll utilize advanced machine learning to continuously monitor sellers throughout the world and to automate investigations about their activity. Amazon's scale means that you'll be designing and developing custom distributed systems more advanced than those used in standard industry practices. These data-centric systems need to detect patterns across Amazon's huge seller population as they happen and be adaptive so that they can detect new modus operandi as they develop. Lastly, they need to be highly available, low latency, high quality systems. If this sounds interesting to you, then apply and find out more!
· 4+ years experience building successful production software systems
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelors or Masters of Science in CS or related field)
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
· Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
· Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
· MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
· Background in support for large scale application implementations.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience mentoring software engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.