Job ID: 807821 | Amazon Logistics (CW use only)
Amazon Last Mile Technology is the team that enables super-fast delivery for Amazon. We build products and technology that enables the stations and drivers to deliver your packages, food, and restaurant deliveries from their last stop to your home. We need rock start software development engineers to join several new initiatives.
1. AMXL is a new initiative to build a world class delivery and service network for large items, so you can get a mattress delivered, a fridge installed, or a TV mounted at the same speed and quality that you expect from Amazon Prime. Within Last Mile Technology, we are building a brand new team to enable new delivery partners to on-board, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, communicate with customers, and be guided through their large item deliveries and service offerings with in-app mapping, navigation, in-home instructions, and more.
2. Ship With Amazon enables Amazon to not only deliver packages, but also to pickup packages from businesses and customers and ship on their behalf.
As a key member of the Last Mile Tech - Special Programs engineering team, you will own the back-end technology for packages on the move. You will be solving complex problems, and working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow. You will be responsible for engineering new services and features that will shape how delivery evolves here at Amazon. You will be part of a new team charged with creating a unique service to empower Amazon to enhance our delivery experience. Join us, design and implement micro services that focuses on engagement and management systems for our Last Mile of global deliveries.
· Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 4+ years in software development using Java, C++, C#, Python, or related
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 4+ years developing Web Services as well as designing and working with API contracts across the stack
· Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
· Experience building highly scalable and available services
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and create innovative solutions regularly
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.