Job ID: 809653 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Interested in making history with the team that helps drive over 5% of all Internet traffic?
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, award winning original content, add-on subscriptions (including HBO, Showtime, and NBA League Pass), and live sporting events. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale. We raise the bar for playback reliability, start time, and quality. Prime Video runs on thousands of individual device types in 242 territories worldwide.
The Playback Services team designs, implements, and operates the device-facing services that power playback for Prime Video. Every backend action that happens once customers click play is powered by our systems.
Our architecture serves billions of requests per day, with obsessively high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, and CloudFront.
Successful Software Engineer candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, and high-scalability. Experience in big data and machine learning is a plus. Equally important is the ability to invent creative solutions to difficult problems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Experience in building scalable systems based on web services
· Experience with distributed computing
· Experience or interest in Cloud Computing and other emerging technologies
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team