Job ID: 811481 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Amazon Business (AB) is a marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new business features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses. As we scale, we need to build experiences for business customers to move their planned spend on a recurring basis to Amazon Business. Enterprise customers want to leverage AB to access millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping, business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more. Business customers require a seamless experience that cuts across planning, negotiating, order placement, responsive adjustments to schedules and reconciliation.
The next step in scaling Amazon Business is driving growth through customer acquisition. Our customer Registration and Verification solutions are critical to bring more accounts to Amazon Business in a way that will delight our new customers.
You will build new services and experiences and be working with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will also work with a wide range of teams across Amazon.
We prefer engineers who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical people who know their subject matter deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who know how to deliver results and show a desire to develop themselves, their colleagues, and their career.
This is a rare opportunity to make a real impact at Amazon.
· At least 2+ years of experience building successful production software systems. and/or developing large scale web applications
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or equivalent work experience
· Proficiency in developing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++, or Scala. Experience with Java Spring is a plus.
· Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation