Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our third-party Sellers. The FBA team partners with Sellers and our Amazon Fulfillment Centers to create a seamless experience for Sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of our FBA Sellers report more than a 20% increase in unit sales after joining FBA. In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our Sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling Seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for Sellers and a win for customers. Want to learn more about FBA?
· Seller’s success stories: SellerSuccess
· A free book of stories from small businesses/sellers, authors, and innovators that are thriving on Amazon: Transformations-ebook
The Fulfillment by Amazon team is looking for a talented software development engineer to help implement important software that virtualizes Amazon.com's world class fulfillment and customer service capabilities. We are building highly available web services, reporting systems and merchant facing workflows. As a software development engineer you will work with multiple teams and talented engineers working on systems that are global in scope. As mentioned by Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon.com, in his annual letter to shareholders in 2006 and again in 2008, FBA is one of the strategic long term opportunities for the company to improve the lives of sellers and buyers while leveraging our billion dollar logistics infrastructure to generate increasing free cash flow.
Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also groups like our third-party Sellers. World-class retail brands and individual Sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. Over 2 million third-party Sellers offer new, used, and collectible selections to Amazon customers around the world. To meet our Sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 1+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· Experience designing new systems for scale and flexibility from the ground up
· Experience building successful production software systems
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with hands-on experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
· Master's degree
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
· Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment