Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to architect and build a customer-centric contracting and billing system that will support a new service and initiative for some of our most important customers and partners. You will be coming in on the ground floor and be key to ensuring this initiative is successful and transforms into a formal AWS program. This is a ground breaking opportunity to build a new platform architected in a configurable, federated, and horizontally scalable design. We are building a full stack application with opportunities to build both the back-end and front-end components hosted on AWS.
You will interface with teams across AWS, including Sales, Marketing and Enterprise Support organizations to solve unique business problems at Amazon's scale.
A qualified candidate for this role enjoys working with end users, developing customer-focused UX, workflows and web services, and solving business problems with extensible software solutions. If you are interested in being part of AWS and building services that allow AWS to reach its innovative and aggressive goals, then we look forward to connecting with you.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
In this role, you will…
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Mentor your team members to promote engineering excellence
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Experience developing large scale services on AWS such as Amazon DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, IAM, Glacier, Redshift, Athena.
· Experience leading high-impact, cross team architectural design decisions, and guide senior engineers by setting examples to deliver solutions to ambiguous problems.
· 3+ years of experience in building large scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.