AWS Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team is building next generation enterprise systems on native AWS from ground up. Come and be part of a team that enables Amazon AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have immediate impact on the thousands of developers and businesses around the world.
Within supply Chain Management, our team owns Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Cost Management systems. Our teams are growing very fast and we are looking for innovative and passionate software developers who want to work on challenging and high impact problems for our Seattle office. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements federated and highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability and latency guarantees. You will use AWS’s cutting edge technologies to build backend services and customer features rapidly.
In this role, you will:
· Design and build high quality software through working in a dynamic, fast-faced Agile environment
· Take a project from requirements through launch and serve as a technical lead for small to midsize complex projects
· Work closely with the principal engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
· Champion for the customer and ensuring customer needs always come first
· Drive improvements in processes and operational excellence
· Mentor and guide junior engineers and grow your skills & career
· Deep-dive into systems to optimize for performance, maintainability and extensibility as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years' professional experience in software development
· 2 + years' of experience in object-oriented programming in Java or C/C++ on a Linux/Unix platform
· Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
· Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services
· Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
· Strong focus on clean code and robust design.
· Strong mentoring and technical leadership
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role