In Amazon People Technology, we are customer obsessed and think big. We are on a journey to redefine workforce management to be scientific and employee-obsessed. To achieve this goal, we are seeking a passionate software development engineer who can help us reinvent career planning and build tools to guide Amazonians in the next stages of their journeys.
We're searching for a strong developer with a passion for building reliable and distributed systems, someone with relentlessly high standards, someone who gets joy out of constantly improving the systems and the people around them.
In this role you will contribute to all aspects of our agile software development lifecycle including architecture, design, coding, documentation, testing, and operations. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and be motivated to deliver high quality results.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.