Amazon builds, launches and manages websites and apps across all locals and platforms. Our customers run on a range of platforms like desktop, mobile handsets and tablets including iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile. Creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite devices requires world class development and testing tools.
Amazon is seeking exceptional software engineers for a number of new and innovative platforms, services and features. This is an unusual opportunity for engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work.
You will help build a unique new experiences, own complicated systems integrations, and build new services working closely with software engineers around the company, around the world and with Amazon's top business teams.
If you are an engineer who enjoys deep technical challenges, building new programs from the ground up, thinking big and delivering highly innovative services, we'd love to hear from you.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building data structures and algorithms for large-scale software or online services
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting website performance across large scale distributed systems
- 2 to 4 years experience in Java or C++
- Ability to communicate technical ideas with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Graduate degree a plus
Job ID: 662362