This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are hands on and you lead by example. You develop software to direct physical machines and make them work more efficiently. You partner with hardware engineers, solution designers, applied scientists, and project managers effectively. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach as you learn more. You create extendable design and easy to maintain technical solution with the long term vision in mind.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· 3+ years software engineering experience, including Java and/or C/C++
· 3+ years of experience building successful products
· 3+ years of working knowledge of software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communications
· Master's or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Experience in building Robotic or automation related products.
· Experience in supply chain optimization.
· Experience with mentoring junior software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineer’s best practices within your team
· Hands on experiences in many disparate technologies and emerging platforms
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Job ID: 624261