Amazon Alexa is the cloud based voice service behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on other IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or C++
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts