AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, self-motivated Software Development Engineer with a proven track record of solving challenging technical problems to join our AWS Elemental Business Systems team where you will help us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will build highly scalable technical solutions that solve our customers' problems and enable their success. You will leverage AWS services to design, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable enterprise console applications for our customers to interact with AWS Elemental services. The role requires outstanding programming skills and a passion for user experience and design.
You should be willing to dive deep, develop rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems.
• Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
• Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
• Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.
• Seek out ways to utilize AWS Tools and SDKs to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
• Work within an Agile software development team as a strong collaborator with a focus on continuous improvement
• Gather business requirements from a diverse group of users and translate requirements into scalable solutions.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of software development patterns & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with integrations and knowledge of integration patterns (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
• Experience with AWS console development using Amazon Web Services desirable
• Experience with Salesforce development (APEX) desirable
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Passion for simplicity and building highly leveraged reusable software platforms, components and APIs
• Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.