Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discover the things they love? Are you interested in massively scaling product infrastructures for Amazon sites and services across the globe? Do you enjoy solving complex data and application service problems to make powerful yet delightful customer experiences?
If so, we need customer-focused, innovative and driven software development engineers who enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment on highly visible products.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join a mobile development team responsible for Audible's experiences on the WhisperSync For Voice (WFV), Fire, FireTV, and eReader platforms. Our mission is to introduce Amazon and Kindle customers to the power of the spoken word, including allowing them to experience audio as an enhancement to the reading experience, letting customers switch seamlessly between reading and listening without losing their place in the book, or read and listen together with Real time text highlighting (Immersion Reading). We are looking for someone who will join our diverse team of developers to build and launch new features and solve complex engineering problems which will have a direct customer impact via applications for Android, FireOS, iOS and Web. This is an opportunity to have end-to-end ownership of a software product and apply your ideas from inception to the launch.
· Plan and execute technical epics, from initial design through implementation, testing, and customer delivery.
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team.
· Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Evangelize our content and application, work closely with business development, and participate in events like external hackathons and internal brown bag sessions.
· Draw influence from trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon. Share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity.
· Master/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or in a related field
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Extensive experience programming in modern object-oriented languages, good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, mastering SOA principles with solid experience in code optimization and high performance computing
· Extensive experience in building large-scale high-performance web based solutions
· Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code-reviews, and a preference for agile methods
· Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and build technology solutions to solve them
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly.
· Development Expertise in data structures, complex algorithms, fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team player