$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Experienced in being in a team of highly competent software engineers making a billion-dollar impact? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. Our Transportation Technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Join us as we continue to change the world of transportation and logistics.
What will you do?
You'll design and develop systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You'll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
· 5+ years of Software Development experience
· Strong coding skills and experience with Object-Oriented development
· Experience building scalable distributed systems
· 5 or more years' of experience writing production code of increasing complexity
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python
· Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D program in the past 6 months, your background aligns more closely with our Student Programs openings. To learn more about our Student Programs and search for internships and full-time opportunities please visit this site: www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/student-programs.
Valid Through: 2019-11-6