At Amazon, we care deeply about our developer community. Come be part of a team that is building the next generation developer platform for our digital content across Alexa, Twitch, Amazon Appstore and many more touch points.
Our team is making "developing for Amazon" easy. Our platform creates a seamless, unified experience for developers to reach customers with their digital content including Alexa skills, apps for Amazon devices, in-app digital goods, games and more. We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a software development engineer, you'll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
• Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• 4+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design.
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-setsExperience with object-oriented analysis and design.
• Development experience of using Amazon Web Services e.g. Amazon S3 and DynamoDB.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age