Be part of the team that is building something that empowers people to be their own boss.
Are you interested in developing science-driven technology that will help Amazon deliver packages worldwide efficiently and quickly? The Amazon Flex team focuses on providing smart and efficient mobile solutions that scale to delivering millions of packages every month. It is still Day 1 in the Last Mile Technology space!
Amazon Flex is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete deliveries for many of Amazon's programs. Our mobile application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and predictive analytics. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
As an engineer on our team, you will own software in all phases of the software life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will help create scalable, global applications. You will also build applications to manage automated scheduling and engagement to meet capacity needs. You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and have autonomy to deliver software which impacts multiple delivery provider programs.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer-F/M/V/D
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• An interest in full-stack and mobile development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Job ID: 840090