$80K — $100K *
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Amazon Music Radio Stations (Prime, Unlimited and Free) are growing fast. To support this increase in customers and features (such as stations-from-anything), we're building large scale, robust, high throughput systems with a low cost of maintenance, using the best technologies and techniques at hand. We spend our time on things that matter to customers. We're a growing team, building features but with a keen focus on keeping operations low. We spend our time on what's special for Stations, and use off the shelf AWS products for the rest, such as EC2, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Glue and ElasticSearch.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field of studies.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Java/C++ Development Experience
• Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Strong focus on clean code and robust design.
• Machine learning experience
• AWS technologies experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A history of delivering high-quality features for large scale production systems
Valid through: 4/24/2021