At Amazon, we have a long history of solving complex problems and providing innovative solutions for other businesses. With Amazon Pay, we are inventing the next frontier of connected commerce. We enable merchants to leverage our trusted, seamless buying experience to allow more than 300 million active Amazon customers to purchase from them-online, in-store, and across an expanding array of consumer devices.
The Amazon Pay team is seeking an experienced software development engineer. As a software engineer in Amazon Pay, you will have the opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will work in an agile environment in which your code reaches a large number of customers in a matter of hours. As a leader, you will have to guide junior engineers on the team. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise and a passion to solve challenging problems that benefit customers. You will also need to be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
• Ability to transform abstract product requirements into concrete software architecture and designs.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Fluency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 1/30/2022