The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded Software Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will be responsible for system architecture and development of new features for embedded systems across multiple product and technology spaces (Alexa devices, IoT devices, etc.).
You will join a team whose mission is to ensure that state-of-the-art technologies that serve the customer can be supported via flexible software architectures, OS and Hardware Platform abstraction, testability, and scalability across multiple device types.
You will dive into an ambiguous problem spaces and meticulously distill out design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. You will Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions, participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
You love to share best practices, influence and align teams, and be a technical ambassador for software reuse across the wider Amazon organization.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 5+ years of experience in software development in C/C++.
• 3+ years of experience with one of the following: (1) writing device drivers, or (2) writing software on a MCU based devices.
• Board bring up experience.
• 3+ years computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 3+ years of experience resolving system performance issues involving CPU, memory and storage.
• Experience negotiating design and APIs with other software teams
• Experience with power management and thermal profiling is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• 3+ years of experience on an MCU RTOS based device, such as in IoT space
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 1/27/2022