“Alexa, why aren't you in my toaster?” Yes, Alexa can make your wishes come true!
On the Alexa Voice Service team, you’ll build software to enable Alexa’s capabilities everywhere – in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! We’re working with industry leaders to seamlessly integrate Alexa into any and all devices. It’s awesome, and will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars and even their workplace.
We’re seeking software developers with industry experience who are passionate about enhancing customer satisfaction, operational performance, and growing market segment share. If developing highly optimized software with visual experience for devices and multi-platform integration make you want to take control, we have the right challenge for you
If you’re passionate about greenfield engineering opportunities and love to solve problems that have never been encountered before – this is the job for you.
If you have an insatiable thirst to learn – you’ll absolutely love this job. Imagine working together with other teams to architect solutions that define how customers interact with Alexa. You’ll own your work from design to deployment, evangelize it and ensure its operational excellence in production.
Become a builder, an innovator, and game changer by joining the AVS team. Let’s build something special, and have a ton of fun doing it!
As a member of the team, you will:
· Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
· Empower companies and developers from around the world to embed Alexa into their devices and products
· Participate in setting the technical vision for Alexa Voice Service in alignment with our Product team
· Drive and lead software design, development standards, team processes and code reviews
· Design and implement features for new products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
· Mentor junior team members, help to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation and software structure
· Distill and communicate technical concepts to stakeholders
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Experience in Java, or C/C++
· Experience with data structures and complex algorithms
· Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers through a full product/service development lifecycle
· Knowledge of software engineering practices for a full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Master's/Doctorate degree in Computer Science or a related field
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with multi-platform software development processes and visual frameworks
· Experience in building for Android platform
· Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
Job ID: 662356