Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features.
You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who has experience building innovative, applications that customers love.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience
· Minimum 5 years of software development experience
· Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
· At least 2 years experience developing on Linux/Unix platforms
· At least 2 years experience with Test Driven Development or writing unit tests
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Graduate degree a plus
Job ID: 662400