Who Are We
We’re the Enterprise Architecture team at Wex. We are in the process of building a “Paved Road”, or platform of services and applications that set the standard for processes and tooling for development teams across the company.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, and maintains work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride of ownership in everything we do.
Wex is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and unparalleled client service.
We need your help!
Changing the world isn’t easy and we have a lot of work ahead of us. From new internal product rollouts, to automation, to supporting development teams, we’ve got more work than we can handle and we’re looking for great people to come along for the ride.
Who are you
- A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
- Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with a variety of stakeholders.
- Someone who cares deeply for your team’s success, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
- A professional who can advocate strongly for positions and still be 100% behind team decisions even if they don’t go your way
- Comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
- Write code like a beast
- Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
- are comfortable working with and automating the deployment of in house and third party applications, working with teams implementing Continuous Integration, discussing and implementing the path to production
- Have experience writing modern software deployed in the cloud
- Are comfortable with, modern APIs and software frameworks
- Have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
At a minimum, you have
- A BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don’t need one
- 8+ years of development experience
- Experience with the DevOps practice
- Experience using Agile processes
- Deployed an application into production
- Unix familiarity
- Intermediate to expert level Bash scripting
- An understanding of continuous integration and can speak to its benefits
- A full understanding of dependency management
- Cloud experience (Basic understanding of deployment architectures)
It would be nice if you
- Can show us one or more passion projects or open source work you have contributed to in your own time
- Have demonstrable experience with systems engineering
- Have a background in/experience with automated testing
- Have experience with Ansible, Docker, CloudFormation or Terraform
- Have experience deploying applications to AWS
- Enjoy hanging out and eating with your team.