Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
In this role, our Software Engineer will focus on coding and problem solving to help build upon our existing Auto Casualty product line. You will be joining a diverse team of experienced engineers both on and offshore, as well as collaborating with product management to help drive solutions that meet our customers’ needs. There will be an emphasis on the development of new features and enhancements while working in a fast paced, agile, test driven environment. You will work with the Microsoft stack using C#, the latest .Net frameworks, and will also use newer front end technologies like Angular.js.
Here are a few key behaviors and experiences we are looking for:
- Software development skills for enterprise software solutions
- High motivation to solve complex problems in a collaborative environment
- Solid experience with C# and .Net design and development
- Quality focused development approach with an emphasis on test driven development
- Experience with the consumption, exposure, and creation of web services (REST or SOAP)
- Demonstrated experience with XML and XML Schema design
- Knowledge of SQL and database programming
- Experience working in an agile driven software development environment and knowledge of DevOps
- A demonstrated passion for technology and desire for self-improvement
- Knowledge of development foundations, including SOLID programming and Clean Code
- Excellent communication that enables strong collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required. MSpreferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on, professional software development experience with C# and .NET
- Strong foundations in object oriented design and programming
- Strong organizational skills