At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcaretechnology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The primary role of the Software Development Engineer will be to develop Patient Monitoring systems. Will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle, from initial concept generation through to final delivery and support.
Participates as a high level technical expert in: planning, designing, developing, coding and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software. These efforts will support a distributed patient monitoring system.
- Consistently demonstrate good documentation discipline, and meet medical device QMS and regulatory requirements.
- Create software for testing and product release. Participate in and/or lead software design efforts and design reviews. Complete unit test and debug production software.
- Complete assigned tasks on-time and in accordance with the appropriate processes, including all QMS and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively estimate time and effort on projects and tasks. Demonstrate ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Find creative solutions to moderately defined problems or directives.
- Ensure all software designed and implemented is also automated (unit/integration testing).
- Proactively communicate inside and outside the development team.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Software development experiencerequired. (Overall relevant experience determines level, with minimum 3+ years for level 2, 5+ level 3).
- Fluent in at least one mainstream object oriented language (e.g. Java, C++, C#).
- Development experience with service-oriented architectures in Windows or Linux environments.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Experience designing for system test automation.
- Experienced at delivering robust and reliable mission critical production software.
- Must be able to independently accomplish assigned design and implementation tasks and work with others as required.
- Experience working positively and productively in a team environment. Highly collaborative.
- May be assigned to a project or team, requiring additional, specific duties and experience as defined by the manager.
- Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with different time zones such as attending late night/early morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet global business needs.