We are an extremely fast moving group with a mission to make a difference in the way Applications are built within Oracle. We are executing on a grand vision and strategy for building a solid Vertical platform and an ambitious goal of building apps which will add to the strong repertoire of Oracle CX applications. Technical excellence, a strong commitment to quality, performance and service reliability is the hallmark of this group.
The Director of Software Development will have responsible for many of the development activities for building a successful suite of CX Industry Solution applications. In addition to building the products/cloud service, focus will be on Application life cycle (provisioning, upgrade, security, management, high availability, test to production, etc).
We are looking for a proven, seasoned engineering leader to be a part of this team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following –
- Responsible for several engineering teams which will build the core platform and infrastructure for Vertical's and CX Industry solutions.
- Responsible for teams building core microservices in the architecture also supporting iOS/Android/Web development.
- Focus on service excellence and ensuring cloud service is fault tolerant and has maximum up time. Devise strategies around reducing service outages and disruptions.
- Ensure we have strong analytical/AI capabilities available on the platform and is an essential part of the Industry Solutions offering.
- Being able to chart a path through the complexity and propose viable solutions to be implemented.
- Drive and execute the vision, which involves directly leading a development team as well as driving execution outside of the team.
- Build highly competitive features and deliver it to the market faster.
- Managing customer issues and ensuring focus on the teams are around the overall customer experience with the cloud service.
- Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
- 15+ years of cloud / development management experience.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with distributed accountability and unclear precedents.
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of Client UI like Angular/React/Ember/JET
- Excellent understanding of data modeling and services
- Proven ability in delivering mobile applications for both iOS/Android in a true Enterprise SAAS Environment.
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends; developer preferences and challenges.
- Understanding at a very deep and technical level of the various products and architecture involved.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met.
Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.