$200K — $250K *
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking,
database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We're looking for Director of Software Development with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
As a Director of Software Development you will lead the software development team and development for major components of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure.
You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very
hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
• Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and strategy
• Establishing and development of organization to meet and execute on strategy.
• Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her and other related teams.
• Delivering large scale project on-time with the high quality
• 7 - 10+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of C, C++ or Java, and experience with scriptinglanguages such as Python, Perl, etc.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard networkarchitectures.
• Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MSdegree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 11/18/2020
$200K — $250K
20 days ago
$90K — $120K + $25K bonus