Job ID: CEP000495
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
The Automation Test Engineer will work on a medical diagnostic application predominantly in the Java language running on desktop and web applications. This person will be a member of the Software development test team to test product software for commercial products, manufacturing test systems, and in-house research.
Key Responsibilities of the Automation Test Engineer:
- Architect, design, and implement test automation frameworks
- Strong Java programming language experience
- Strong Experience in testing Java APIs \RESTful APIs
- 5+ years of automation experience with open source automation tools, and with Java/Eclipse development and JUnit/TestNG framework.
- Experience developing automated test suites for server API/web services testing.
- Experience integrating automated tests with Jenkins, TestNG/JUnit/Eclipse is a plus.
- Write, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases for desktop and web based applications and services
- Develop SQL scripts to load, create and select data for test case execution and verification
- Review business requirements, design specifications, and source code to design and develop test cases and test scripts (manual and automated)
- Track, report, and determine priority of project defects.
- Work closely with the Software Development Manager to plan, schedule, and improve development test processes
- Work well in a collaborative team environment with other engineers, developers and end users with minimal supervision and ensure understanding and validation of business requirements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A BS or MSdegree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent job experience
- 5-8years of Test Automation experience (prefer at least 3years experience of architecture and design)
- Hands on experience on automation tools like Silk and Selenium.
- 5+ years of experience testing desktop and web applications constructed using Java
- Advanced SQL knowledge. Experience in Microsoft SQL Server is preferred
- Expertise in Cloud based testing is a plus.
- Expertise in building virtualization tools is a plus.
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new applications and technologies quick