Industry: Consumer Technology•
11 - 15 years
Posted 37 days ago
The Application Services team provides mission-critical processes, services and applications that operate at global scale, serving highly dynamic content to 56 markets in 30 languages, handling millions of requests per day, all with industry leading page performance. The team writes the specifications, documentation, reference implementations for core GoDaddy services and applications and provides core libraries, runtimes and onboarding to the platforms and clouds that GoDaddy runs on.
We're looking for passionate developers who love to dive in to technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before. We treasure curiosity, communication, a bias towards collaboration and action and the desire to embrace and extend best practices and patterns. If you're the kind of person who can't see something that isn't right without a compulsion to make it at least just a little bit better before you put it back, we want to talk toyou.
* Design, implement, and test the various applications that comprise our platform
* Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
* Provide operational support for critical customer-facing systems as well as internal APIs and tools
* Collaboratively design and document next generation systems
You apply expert-level knowledge of CS principles and web development best practices every day to constantly innovate and improve the platform. You seek toautomate, instrument, and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development best practices and can mentor new developers confidently. You are comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology and know how to direct Scrum ceremonies. You can develop novel new software libraries, features and entire services or applications from scratch with little direction and can design and socialize important software updates across the team and organization. You have an organization-wide approach and are capable of working with several teams from different parts of the company together to validate broad, far-reaching software designs, divide workfor implementation and drive good process, code review and testing methodologies across a larger group.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
* 10+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
* OpenStack and Kubernetes experience a huge plus
* Knowledge of backend runtimes such as apache, nginx, and runtime frameworks such as Spring, WSGI
* Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra)
* Experience with ELK stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic or Sensu
* Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines)
* Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
* Comfortable with Git
* Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
* Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
GoDaddy has been recognized because of its outstanding benefits, compensation, unique perks, diversity and company camaraderie.