Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
CSRA has an opportunity for a software developer, who will thrive in a cyber training academy setting. The successful candidate should be experienced at developing and maintaining websites, experienced at developing within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem, be competent with Java and HTML5 coding, and have some experience with Linux and Windows systems. The chosen candidate will be a quick learner, and have the desire to expand their knowledge and skills in a flexible environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Working knowledge in J2EE Application Development and related tools and technologies such as Eclipse, Application Servers (Tomcat)
- Working knowledge of common AWS services used for development and how they can be integrated into a complete, deployable solution, such as API Gateway, DyanamoDB, and Lambdas
- Solid understanding of Core Java Concepts such as Object-Oriented Programming, Java Collections API, Exception Handling, is required
- Solid understanding of Java’s Portlet and OSGi specifications
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and PHP a plus
- Experience with developing BIRT reports or writing SQL queries a plus
- Experience with package management and build tools such as Maven and Gradle a plus
- Have a mindset of efficiency and creativity. Ability to solve problems, find solutions, and learn new technologies rapidly
- Fundamentals of programming logic and the ability to apply those fundamentals to any code base
- Ability to work in a team.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of experience
- This position requires an individual who possesses or can acquire a DoD Secret clearance at minimum.
- The client requires 8140/8570 IAT Level II within six months of hiring.