In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 200+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1.2mm+ unique products.
We want to bridge the gap between software developers and traditional tech ops by building processes that support our infrastructure including data management, monitoring, and deployment. This role focuses on solutions that allow for scale to keep up with customer demand, showcase the most current products, and provide the best customer experience.
We are looking for someone that can work in the Scrum/Agile environment and bridge the gap between IT development and the business areas. You will be an integral part of defining our tool set, systems and processes. This role will provide the technical solutions to user stories and facilitate the tasks and approach needed to for the solution deployment. Frequent, clear, and concise communication to IT leaders and business leaders is a key aspect of this role.
Daily tasks might include development stand ups, communicating with different teams including Pricing, Product, eCommerce, and Marketing, verifying continual integration and deployment are functioning as needed, and winning the ping pong championship!
Zoro US, has offices in Buffalo Grove and Downtown Chicago. This position can be based in Buffalo Grove or Downtown Chicago but the employee must be able to complete initial training in Buffalo Grove.
We are hiring all levels of Software Developers - please include your website and/or GitHub account to showcase your current projects.
- Designs and implements web applications for internal and customer-facing applications. Spends a significant percentage of the workday writing code. Code should be well documented and follow department standards.
- Participates in the full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, and testing.
- Maintains existing websites and web applications.
- Works with business partners (technical and non-technical) in the creation of requirements and issue resolution.
- Creates and executes test cases. Ensures the systems meet the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Stays on top of industry change and drives innovation.
- Works in a fast-paced continual learning environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in data movement, Linux, systems integration, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres) or NoSQL data stores (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc).
- ETL experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with third party API's.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control software.
- Familiarity of JSON/XML.
- Basic understanding of unit testing.
- Familiarity with agile methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or equivalent experience required.