We are a leading provider of professional liability insurance products across a full spectrum of disciplines and industries, for clients of virtually every size and level of complexity.
As a Berkley company, we enjoy operational flexibility that allows us to deliver quality coverage solutions. Berkley Select clients have access to a creative team of dedicated underwriters and the resources of W. R. Berkley Corporation.
- Develop structured, easy to maintain components that comply with program/system specifications and adhere to the Information Technology department standards.
- Under supervision and coaching by a Senior Engineer, complete programming tasks that follow patterns of previous work and adhere to Development Guidelines.
- Ensure that program logic and functionality are accurate, error free and meet user’s needs and requirements.
- Assist in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of new software systems.
- Work with Business Analysts to clarify requirements/specifications.
- Participate in testing process through test review, analysis, and test support.
- Further education with new technologies to increase core competencies.
- Develop and edit business logic as needed via business rules management system.
- Update documentation with specific functionality and enhancement
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of experience developing and supporting web based applications in a Java environment.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Exposure to relational database development a plus.
- Strong coding and analytical skills and willingness to learn from experienced developers.
- Experience with a multi-tiered architecture a plus.
- Familiarity with a business decision rules management system a plus.
- Familiarity with other key technologies a plus (Hibernate, Spring, JSF, jQuery, HTML)
- Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum Framework is a plus.
- Experience in Insurance industry is preferred but not required.