The work of a Software Developer – Web Development can include the following:
- Designs, develops and tests new and/or existing web applications running on the server side and/or client side
- Develops scripting and components to support continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Analyzes technical and business requirements to develop a systems solution that aligns with enterprise best practices including user experience and accessibility
- Provides system software support for State Farm web applications, components and testing software
- Utilizes agile software development practices, secure coding practices, code reviews, and software architecture
Office Location (Bloomington, IL) …where we work hard AND play hard!
About Bloomington, IL:
All positions will be located in Bloomington, IL. Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Experience with Java is strongly preferred
- Experience or significant coursework in object-oriented programming (front-end and back-end languages)
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing and fast-paced agile development environment
- A proven willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Experience with API web services development is desired, but not required
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- Discount Program: Are you in the market for electronics, jewelry, travel or more?
- Free covered garage parking
- Volunteer opportunities: Give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion--It's simply the right thing to do!