Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 85 days ago
Do you have a passion for developing cutting-edge APIs? Do you want to drive microservices? We are looking for Java developers with a need to continue learning the latest and greatest languages, tools to solve the toughest problems in P&C Claims. The team is pioneering and pushing the boundaries of technology in P&C Claims while helping drive State Farm towards an improved digital future. If you enjoy solving technical challenges, engineering practical solutions, exploring new technology, and operating in a small dedicated team environment, this may be the perfect position for you! If you insist on beautiful, clean code while delivering quality applications to production incrementally, we want to talk to you!
Skills and experiences required:
* Web services (WAS & TC), RESTful web services, Mule, stored procedures, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
* Experience converting SOAP APIs to REST
* Integrating APIs and Webservices with Oracle DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL
* Familiarity with GIT, GitHub, GitLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
* Experience testing in REST services
* Experience in design and develop automated test framework
* Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical knowledge effectively
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for openings for Technology Engineer positions or promotional opportunities into leadership at any time, and into a promotional position within the same job structure after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours