Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
This is a position for a software developer on the Request Consumables product team within Business Application Frameworks area. This team leverages agile concepts in order to support a wide variety of frameworks, the most popular being Request Framework and Data Driven User Interface (DDUI). These products enable both are customers and associates to seamlessly navigate through the applications that represent every line of business offered at State Farm. Within a month timespan our over 1 billion transactions pass through our frameworks! The team is currently focusing on enhancing the product so that our consumers can leverage newer technical platforms, and developing solutions that help meet the needs of the modernization efforts currently in flight at State Farm.
- Prior script development and testing experience.
- Familiarity with HttpWatch, Fiddler, Chrome, FireFox and IE Developer Tools.
- Prior jQuery development experience.
- Well versed in Core Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Web Services (SOAP/REST), MQ, IDE Knowledge (e.g. RSA, Spring Source tool), Websphere 8.5, JQuery, Java Script, Bootstrap, and Spring boot.
- Ability to think analytically and problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.