Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset.
- Designs, develops and tests new and/or existing web applications running on the server side and/or client side (single-page applications).
- Understanding of and experience with Web page tagging/tracking, native Android and iOS application tagging, script development and testing, custom jQuery development.
- Develops scripting and components to support continuous delivery pipelines.
- Analyzes technical and business requirements (both functional and non-functional) to develop a systems solution that aligns with industry and enterprise best practices including user experience and accessibility.
- Provides system software support for State Farm web and mobile applications, components and testing software.
Ability to optimize data access and movement across internal distributed platforms. Familiar with handling datasets containing mixes of structured and unstructured data. Background in technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Familiar with technical architecture and takes the initiative to personally identify and work with the appropriate product teams to create and manage architectural artifacts, documents decisions, and work across disciplines to develop the best design to meet the business/technical requirements.
- Ability to handle migration of applications from mainframe languages to web based languages to meet business and technical requirements.
- Enables solution modernization activities through design and development-related work items and architectural engagement.
- Ability to design quality technical solutions that align with business, IT and architectural standards, while surfacing opportunities to enhance and surpass those standards through emerging technologies, toolsets and new customer expectations and behaviors.
- Provides high level of support for problem and issue resolution and provides technical consultation and direction to business and systems partners.
- Team oriented, providing input to product related decisions at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Creative problem solving skills and strong associative thinking.
- Consulting and facilitation skills excels at effective listening.
- High-level of communication capabilities (written and verbal) with the ability to relate technical requirements and solutions to business and vice versa.
- Conducts research and possesses a curiosity and learning agility related to emerging customer facing experiences and the technology that supports them and could impact our product suite.