At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Software Engineer - Client is responsible for crafting and implementing client technology for MTG Arena. In this role, you will collaborate with a team of other developers, designers and artists to build the pieces that make up our game. We will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Develop client systems and collaborate with others to build in game features
- Work with your team to understand, debug, and refactor large existing systems
- Provide estimates of time and resources required to complete project goals
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Strong interest in solving unique and interesting cross team problems
- Ability to work within project constraints and timelines
- Passion to design and write clean, maintainable code in C#
- Professional experience with Unity or comparable game engines
- One or more successfully shipped games
- Front end software development knowledge
- Experience working with and adding to a large existing codebase
- Strong understanding of Client/Server architecture